Where can you donate your spare tech?
If you are not confident that you can get your laptop in a suitable condition to donate, these organisations will take donated laptops and refurbish them, then pass them on to those in need
Lots of us have old, unused laptops at home. Don’t let it gather dust! Donate it to a school child so they can continue learning at home.
There are over 70 places who will accept donations of laptops tablets and PCs, clean and configure them and pass on to schools and families. They are all on this map.
A number of these organisations will come and collect your spare tech (in a COVID-safe way) for refurb and distribution. Contact them directly:
- The Turing Trust collect nationwide
- TechInclusionUk collect nationwide
- DonateDigital accept donations by post or will collect
- ComputerAid collect nationwide from businesses only
- The Vodaphone Tech Appeal accepts tech donations by post and works with Barnados to get tech to children who need it.
- Business2Schools accept redundant tech from businesses nationwide to refurbish & redistribute to schools
- The ADISA DAFA program enables organisations to donate any redundant or spare infrastructure which can then be resold or recycled
Directories of multiple local projects
- The Restart Project have a directory of local projects who will refurb and pass on unwanted tech (they are all on our map, too)
- LetsLocalise – Links businesses and individuals with schools in their area that are accepting donations. This covers much of England.
London and South East
- Little Lives collect in the London area
- Ready Tech Go can collect in Hammersmith & Fulham, Kensington & Chelsea and Westminster but will take donations by post from anywhere
- Every Child Online accept donations across Essex.
- ITVET Laptops for School refurbish laptops in Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Essex and Hertfordshire.
- Saracens Foundation accept donations from London and Hertfordshire businesses.
West & South-West
- Cosmic / Positive People Accept donations in the Devon area.
- DigiLocal accept laptop donations from across the West of England and also accept donations to pay for 4G connectivity.
- Laptops 2 Kids accept donations from the Herefordshire area.
- Wiltshire Digital Drive accept donations across Wiltshire to distribute to school children in the county.
- Laptops For Kids accept donations are in Sheffield area.
- Digital Access West Yorkshire will collect from addresses in West Yorkshire and have drop-off points
- Hull and East Yorkshire Children’s University accept donations and devices from Hull and East Yorkshire.
- Lancaster and Morecambe Makers accept donations from the Lancaster and Morecambe area.
- ZenTec Network Solutions accept donations from the North West area of England.